Home > Health > Remedies >Honey and its medicinal uses
- As a rich source of iron, a teaspoon of the juice from raw turmeric, mixed with honey, should be taken everyday by anaemic persons.
- It is an effective household remedy for bronchial asthma. A teaspoon of turmeric powder with a glass of milk twice or thrice a day and it acts best when taken on an empty stomach.
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder, mixed in 30ml of warm milk is a useful prescription for cold and cough.In case of running cold ,smoke from the burning turmeric should be inhaled.
- The fresh juice of raw turmeric should be externally applied to the parts affected with ringworm or scabies. Simultaneously, this juice, mixed with honey, should be taken orally.
- An application of turmeric powder to boils will speed up the healing process.
- Turmeric is also a beauty aid. A teaspoon of turmeric paste mixed with milkcream, sandalwood paste and besan makes an excellent cosmetic. Applied once daily, it will keep the face fresh and soft.